I just want to discuss this for a moment. Not only is it adorable, but it showcases so many emotions of that first encounter with someone you like.
George; When George first notices Meg his eyes fixate on her for a moment and he straightens his file as his body tenses with anxiousness. He then looks down when he realizes that she isn’t looking at him and continues to look down for ages. You can clearly see that he is thinking how to initiate a conversation, how to not act dumb in front of someone so beautiful. I love how he balls his fist because he is so tensed around her and then takes a deep breath and relaxes his fingers before blinking up and slightly sighing over the silence. Also the way he purses his lips together because there’s so much he wants to say but he doesn’t know where to begin so he just stands there smiling and secretly marvelling over Meg.
Meg; Everything about her is innocently seductive. I love the way her eyes flick over at him slightly embarrassed and she looks down when he gazes towards her but secretly glances back from the corner of her eye and smirks a little because she is attracted to him. The way she holds her file tight against her chest because she too is nervous and shy. I love that the little quirkiness of Meg is when she tucks her hair behind her ear. It’s such a gentle yet flirtatious move. She glances at George while doing it with a cute smile hoping that he’s staring at her or that he notices she’s looking and that she’s interested. Then she peeks back and sways a little and they both continue to pretend they’re waiting for the train when in actual fact both are waiting for one another to say “hello”.
Everything about this short scene is packed with so many emotions that even I get butterflies for them as characters. I think Disney portrayed this so beautifully. The innocence of love between a boy and girl back in the 1940’s. Such a simple encounter of meeting your “true love”.
Section One of Part Three! Some interesting approaches to wrinkles in clothing.
Holy shit, someone translated Hitokaku tutorials into English?! GIEF TO ME
this is such a fantastic way of explaining it!
DID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT CLOTHES WRINKLES (those things I always have a hard time drawing??)
from left to right;
I am afraid to hold my boyfriend’s hand.
My friend’s parents sent her away.
I found death threats in my locker.
I submitted to electroshock therapy.
I lost half my friends after coming out.
My grandmother sends me hate mail.
My school won’t let me take my date to prom.
I am not here anymore.
My dad tried to beat it out of me.
No one is proud of me.
This showed up on my blog again. Forever reblog.
The “I am not here anymore.”
Oh my. This hit hard.
An illustration I did for Instinct Magazine on unfair Adoption cases.
This should have thousands of notes.
84,908 and counting.
I reblog this every time it comes up on my dash. Such a powerful message.
Wait… Is that a gay couple on top or…?
yes - the point of the comic is that same sex couples are unfairly discriminated against when it comes to adoption
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for things that matter.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d
grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
I couldn’t get passed #8 before I started tearing up
^ That’s exactly the one that got me..